First responders say a man has suffered severe injuries after falling from the second floor of the Toronto CF Eaton Centre
According to Global News, paramedics were called to the scene around 4:45 p.m., and have since transported the man — who is believed to be in his 40s — to a local trauma centre.
Police took to Twitter to provide an update on the situation, saying that the circumstances surrounding the incident have yet to be determined.
Witnesses report seeing the man being loaded onto the gurney “alive but in rough shape.”
An investigation is ongoing.
The Ryerson Rams have had a strong focus on community engagement in recent years. To enhance their efforts, the men’s hockey team has been helping to run P.A. Day hockey camps for boys and girls ages six to 13. Ryersonian‘s sports editor, Tasala Tahir, visited the first camp of the year. Here’s more.
POLITICS & SECURITY
- Marketing course union exec causes controversy over Rye’s safe space policy
- Safe spaces debate: where do they fit at Ryerson?
- UPDATE: RSU embroiled in controversy after firing a new mother on parental leave and her temporary replacement
- RSU: Men’s issues group rejected over safety concerns
- Nursing students struggle to balance unpaid hospital placements with paid jobs
- RSU rejects men’s issues group application
- UPDATED: Sociology instructor allegedly slams student for rejecting the concept of a gender wage gap
- Lachemi backs proposed Ryerson law school