Dundas Subway Project
The Dundas Street subway station is under construction and this may affect some Ryerson students’ commutes. The project will begin this Sunday, Sept. 10, and last until approximately mid-October, as the TTC installs new fare gates. The project means early closure for the station, 11 p.m. every night, with a full station closure the weekend of Sept. 16-17. During these closures, the train will not stop at Dundas station, and commuters can use either College or Queen station as an alternative.
Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
TIFF season is here. Screenings and events will be flooding the city from Thursday, Sept. 7 to Sunday, Sept. 17.
The “Festival Street” event calls for a complete road closure on King Street W., from Peter Street to University Avenue, from Thursday, Sept. 7 through Monday, Sept. 11 from 10 a.m. until midnight each day.
The closure ends Monday, Sept. 11 at 6 a.m.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area and to be cautious of the road closure.
Jesus in the City Parade
The “Jesus in the City” parade will take place on Saturday, Sept. 9, closing Queen’s Park Crescent E. between College Street and Bloor Street W., from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m.
The parade will begin at 1:30 p.m. and is expected to finish at 5 p.m.
The Running Room 5k Run
Saturday, Sept. 9 is The Running Room’s 7th annual 5-kilometre run. With an expected 1,500 participants, the roads will be busy.
Road closures will begin at 7:30 a.m., and the route will be as follows:
- Start and finish line will be St. Clair Avenue W. and Wells Hill Park
- Eastbound St. Clair Avenue W. to Russell Hill Road
- Southbound Russell Hill Road to Boulton Drive
- Westbound Boulton Drive continuing onto MacPherson Avenue
- Westbound MacPherson Avenue to Cottingham Road
- Westbound Cottingham Road to Davenport Road
- Westbound Davenport Road to Christie Street
- Northbound Christie Street to St. Clair Avenue W.
- Eastbound St. Clair Avenue W. to Wells Hill Park
This event will be happening rain or shine. Parking is not advised on the route Saturday morning until after 9:30 a.m.
My name is Kayla McLaughlin, and I am a fourth-year journalism student at Ryerson University. I have a large interest in entertainment news, television and radio broadcasting, and online multi-media writing.